Tuesday 30 July 2013

His Goodness

One week was all it took to raise the $500 it took to get that thermometer over the $20000 mark! How amazing is our God and the people He moves to help!
 
That's $10000 raised and saved since February when I started this blog.  Just six months!
 
I'm blown away by His goodness.
 
So depending on travel I just need about another $9946.  Maybe more, maybe less.  I won't know for sure until I have to book my travel.
 
I have to tell you, I like that nice, small four digit number!
 
The more I think about Garreth (see previous post) the more I want to get my son home fast.
 
Sadly, agencies and governments don't feel the same urgency as we do.  I've checked my email countless times this week hoping for an update.  Nothing yet.
 
Maybe tomorrow!
 
I want to share something with you that I read tonight.
 
Mental institutions are not a great place to be.
 
Pretty terrible....no, downright nightmarish.
 
Especially for people with Down syndrome.
 
They're smaller and weaker than the others.
 
Sometimes it's not the caregivers you have to look out for.
 
It's the other inmates.
 
 
Please pray for my son even though we don't know who he is yet.
 
Pray that paperwork would move quickly and that my son will never know the horror of a mental institution.
 
Pray that the funds will be there when they're needed and that there will be no delays because of lack of money.
 
Consider buying a puzzle piece and getting entered into draws for prizes.  Just 27 more to go before the next draw! I've got three rows of the puzzle already filled with names and it's looking great!  :)
 
 
Coming soon: a break down on fees and costs and why adoption costs so much.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment