Sunday 21 July 2013

Blog All the Things!!

So much to blog about.  Let's start with the yard sale.
 
The sale was advertised on the radio.  My supervisor at my part time job knows someone there and said he'd get us some more air time.  I don't know for sure if he did because I certainly didn't have time to sit and listen!
 
I hung posters on Thursday and Friday morning.
 
A mystery helper was hanging posters too.   Someone came because they saw the poster at the arena.  I did not hang that poster.  So THANK YOU mystery helper!!
 
I made a double sided sign.  It was a work of art I tell ya.
I really think I should have another sale just so I can use this sign again.
 
The sale was technically supposed to start at 4 pm on Friday but people started showing up at 2:30.  We got mobbed y'all.  Insanity reigned for several hours then it died down.

Saturday was a bit slower.  People were less frenzied but there was a fairly steady flow of shoppers.

The bake sale did well.  I decided to do some more baking Friday night at work. I brought my own ingredients and did some late night baking.  Pizza cookies.  I hope they were good! They sold before I even got a taste!
 
I had my puzzle fundraiser out next to the cash box both days and we got 77 more names put on the puzzle for a new total of 111 pieces sold!
 
Just 889 more to go.....
 
 
I couldn't do this without my helpers.  It was a lot of work and these friends sacrificed their weekend to help bring my son home.  I can hardly tell you how much that means to me.  Such selflessness! Just like Christ wants us to be and I wonder if I'm there yet. I get so focused on this adoption and fundraising that I fear I may be getting too focused on myself and less on helping those around me. Something to think about for sure.
 
But I know you're all waiting to hear how much was raised this weekend.
 
So here it is......
 
The grand total of yard sale, bake sale and donations was....
 
$1193.45
 
 Praise the Lord! That really moved the thermometer up!
I've set a goal to have it over $20,000 by the end of July.
I won't cry if that goal isn't met but it will be something to reach for. :)
 
Dossier Progress
 
All of the money in the world won't get my son home unless there is progress with the dossier.
I'd been wondering how it was going.
I signed it a month ago and the next step was for the facilitating agency to okay it.
 
They did. :)
 
It's perfect.
 
Now my documents are on the way to Manitoba Family Services for the approval letter. We should get that this week.
 
Tomorrow I will be sending off colour copies of my passport to the agency.
 
And then everything gets sent to Elena at Loving Heart Adoptions and she'll get it ready to send to the country I'm adopting from.
 
So amazing.
 
One small step at a time is bringing a little boy closer and closer to having a mommy.  I'm so thankful to God for putting this on my heart and for giving me a burden for orphans.
 
Thank you for being a part of this journey.
 


6 comments:

  1. Just needed to say it again here, YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! So glad all your hard work is paying off. That little boy is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you did so well Corinna!!! Hope you get your goal how ever much that is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie Ruth, the goal is somewhere around $30000 give or take a few thousand depending on how much travel will be. It's more expensive in the summer.

      Delete
  4. Very good account of progress made! We are also looking forward to this fella coming to be our new grandson!!! Love Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm so thankful for a supportive family!

      Delete