Monday 17 August 2015

Matching Grant Met!

Yay! We met the matching grant! Exceeded it actually, which is awesome!

Now let me tell you where the matching grant came from. Who is this mystery donor??

When I started the process of adopting Silas I joined a lot of facebook groups about adoption. In one of those groups I met a single woman who is from Canada and was just starting the process to adopt a boy with Down Syndrome from Bulgaria! We had so much in common that we ended up friending each other and a beautiful friendship began. Her name is Heather and she brought her adorable son Wyatt home Feb of this year.

Wyatt's first birthday in Canada was in July. He turned 8! Instead of presenting her family and friends with a list of gifts that Wyatt could use Heather told all the invitees to donate money toward MY adoption! How selfless is that! And then she presented it as a matching grant to encourage more donations! Thank you Heather!


I haven't even met Heather in real life yet but that's totally going to happen sometime next year. Even if it means me going all the way to Vancouver Island on my own with two kids! lol

So now that the matching grant has been met (thank you everyone who contributed to that <3 ) my thermometer is over $14000! Less than $2000 to go and we'll be half way there.

There isn't much to share adoption news related. I haven't heard if I've gotten the letter of approval from the province yet but I have heard that as of last Thursday they were working on it so surely it'll happen this week.  I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful friend! And how happy you have made such a great support along your journey :) When you come to Vancouver Island, let me know. Only a few hours from me. Time to get that passport ready! It's been long enough that I need a whole new one now that U.S. needs a passport to leave anywhere.

    ReplyDelete