Sunday 3 November 2013

A little bit of everything

Orphan Sunday.  Today is Orphan Sunday. 
Churches all over North America brought awareness to the
orphan crisis today.
 
Many of my facebook friends posted about it today.
Lots of people blogged about it.
 
Renee said everything I was going to say, only better,
plus a few things I hadn't thought of.
 
 
So go ahead and read her post.
 
Another Renee wrote about how we need to say "I'll take anyone."
 
I'll take anyone.

And here's a video about love featuring some
adorable former orphans.

I AM LOVED

So there you go. That's what Orphan Sunday is all about.

Now, on to fundraising!
 
 Right now I've got an Avon Fundraiser happening.
I'm really looking for people who will be willing to take
catalogues and generate a few orders.  Know anyone who
likes Avon? There's plenty more than just makeup!

 
 
I'm also in the beginning stages of planning an auction on facebook. 
So I'm looking for people who would like to donate things that can be auctioned off.
 
It could be something you make (hats, cards, cakes).
Or it could be something you do (house cleaning, ski lessons, child care, lawn care).
Or gift cards to businesses. Those don't have to be local businesses.
Online gift cards are great too.
So if you have any gift cards laying around that you aren't using please consider donating them.
Or maybe you have a home based business and could donate a sample of your product.
 
How it will work:
I'll use the existing facebook fundraising page.
 
There will be pictures of the items that will be auctioned off.
 
Place your bids in dollar amounts in the comments of the picture of the item you wish to bid on.
 
There will be a set amount of time for bidding. Probably about 10 days.
 
Like any auction, highest bidder wins!
 
The winners will pay for their items plus whatever shipping is mentioned
and I'll get your winnings mailed out to you or delivered if you're local.
 
Doesn't that sound fun?!
 
Let me know if you have anything you'd like to donate!
 
One other exciting thing on my busy agenda is
an opportunity to speak to a group of 50 or so women at a
woman's night at Solid Rock church.
 
I'm looking forward to sharing what God has done through this
adoption and to open some eyes to what the orphan crisis is all about.
And then I'm going to show them why they should help and how they can help!
Please pray that I let God use me to say the things He wants.
 
I found this poster that I think I'll use in my slide show.
 
 
 
 
Hopefully it gets bigger if you click on it.  I can't seem to change it.
 
See any of those five things that you could do?
 
And just because this post is a little bit of everything
here's a picture of the wool pants I have knit for my little guy.
Hopefully the first of many knits for him! :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment