Friday 18 November 2016

Finding my tribe and loving them hard.

For those of you who are new to my story I would like to take a minute and introduce you to some people that I've talked about on the blog before. Now I want to do a special post dedicated to them.

Heather and the Keno family

The Keno Clan! (Heather and Wyatt on the far left)

I "met" Heather online over two years ago in an adoption group. She was a single woman from BC adopting a boy with down syndrome from Bulgaria. We had a lot in common so we became friends on facebook.  She brought her son Wyatt home Feb 2015 and she has become an amazing mom and advocate for Wyatt. Today (Nov 18th) is actually the day she legally became his mother!

The thing about Heather is, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Her parents, John and Mary Ellen, are just as wonderful as she is. They have three adopted sons with Down syndrome and they're not done yet! They are going back to Bulgaria for another teenage boy with down syndrome!

Are they crazy, you ask?

Yes probably, but only in the best way possible! They understand the joy and struggle of raising kids with special needs and when God said "I have another son for you" they said Okay let's do this!

They are people I greatly admire and I got to meet them this summer. What a pleasure that was!

Jalena and Emmy

I also met Jalena online not too long after I met Heather. Another single woman from AB who was adopting a girl with down syndrome! Awesome! Another person I have a lot in common with!

Jalena brought her daughter Emmy home Dec 2015. Her Emmy is a little bit older than Myles and is sooooo cute!  We got to spend time with them last summer too.

That's just too much cuteness for one girl!
The thing about adoption is, you take one child home and you leave so many behind. It's probably one of the hardest parts of adoption. It's partly why I went back for Myles. 

Jalena felt like there was another child out there she could call her own and we've seen God open doors since the spring.  I can't give too much away but her progress towards her new child could only be happening like it is with God being in control!

If you've just read the posts about Myles and Silas you know what a difference adoption makes. Many generous people gave donations to make Myles and Silas' homecomings possible. If you were one of them I hope you find great satisfaction in knowing you made a difference. I'd like you to consider supporting these two families in their efforts to bring children into families.

Your support means so much to me and I know Jalena, John and Mary Ellen will appreciate everything they receive!

John and Mary Ellen have a facebook page. Be sure to "like" it so you can get updates on their progress. I can't wait to see which boy God has for them! 

Keno Family Adoption

And Jalena has a blog


Thank you for investing in the future of a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment