Monday 5 October 2015

Rummage Sale Results

The rummage sale and bake sale was held this past Saturday down at the museum. I'd say it was a smashing success! Hundreds of people came through the door and the baking was totally gone by 2.
 
 The reporter from the paper stopped by and took some photos and then the local radio station came by for a radio interview, not live thankfully!

We even had the Liberal party stop by and donate! They were out campaigning and heard what was going on and were excited to meet me.

Many people told us to keep the change when they paid and quite a few people happily added bills to the donation jar. 

I had so many great helpers.  I think there was 15 different people that lent a had where they could, including mom who was on Silas duty for over 24 hrs thanks to my night shift at the weekend job.
I lost track of the number of people who donated things to sell.  We even had people bringing stuff DURING the sale! lol

Things went very smoothly and I'd say it was my least stressful sale to date.

Anyways, the reason you're reading this is to see how much was raised right???

The grand total, after paying for the museum rental, was.........$2203!   Praise the Lord! That puts me over the half way mark now! Less than $15000 to raise!

Seeing as there's a very good chance that I'll be traveling on trip one yet this year, and I'll have all the expenses for reaching that stage plus travel, I'd like to keep this momentum going.

So my friend Litia Maclean is running a Jamberry fundraiser for me. This is quite the departure for me and a little out of my comfort zone but I'm willing to do nearly anything to get my little man home!  I'm not fancy! Like at all. But at some point this week I'm going to put Jamberry nail wraps on for the very first time. Gulp. There I said it and it's on the internet so it must be true! lol

If you'd like to see my attempt at fancy then click the picture below and join the party.  20% of each order goes towards the adoption! Go check it out. Litia is going to be posting all sorts of fun things this week.


https://www.facebook.com/events/434070680129888/

No comments:

Post a Comment