Monday 30 March 2015

Letter Announcement

This is the letter I sent out to family and friends announcing the next adoption. If you didn't get a copy I'm sorry you were left out! You can read it all here.
I decided it would be nice to announce it with a letter first this time around.

When you cry out to God to change your life He tends to take you seriously. That’s what I did January of 2012 and God planted the seed of adoption in my heart. I had grown tired of drifting through life, occasionally doing little things for God but not having a big impact on the world around me.

As you likely know I began the adoption process in January 2013 and by May 2014 I had become the mother to the most awesome kid in the world, Silas Petar Wood! The adoption process was stressful and costly! I relied on God like never before and He was there for me every step of the way. I had many friends and family that were there for me as well. I am so thankful for all that they did to help me raise the money for fees and for the countless prayers that were said on mine and Silas’ behalf.

Life with Silas has been such a blessing. He brings me so much joy! Motherhood has turned me into a weepy lady though! I tear up at the silliest things sometimes! The first time Silas fell asleep in my arms on the second day I met him I cried and my translator laughed at me and joked that there wasn’t anything to be sad about. But I wasn’t sad, I was just so full of joy and happiness that it overflowed and had to come out my eyes! He has continued to give me many more moments like that since then and my heart seems to be getting softer and softer.

Silas also makes my life harder. He’s a busy little boy who likes to explore! I don’t get to shower every day and I’ve given up on the house ever being clean again!  Silas will need my care much longer than a typical child would. There are therapists that come into the house to work with him and also medical appointments that mean driving five hours to Winnipeg.  I also spend hours a week working on his cognitive, emotional and physical development myself. I read books and research online looking for ways to help him reach his full potential. 

All of that extra work is my pleasure though. I enjoy doing everything I can to help him make up for lost time. When Silas came home he was almost three years old and he wasn’t able to even sit up on his own. He had a very short attention span and didn’t know how to play with toys. He has come so far since then! He works hard to learn new things. Sometimes it seems like it’s taking forever and then all of a sudden he’ll have it figured out and we all cheer for him! I love how he has such a big fan club full of people who love and pray for us.

And as a member of the Silas fan club you are receiving this letter to inform you that our club is getting a new member! Silas is getting a brother!!

It was always my intention to adopt more than one child. With 147 Million orphans out there in the world it’s hard to be done at one.  There are so many children living life without love! Growing up in a large family has also given me an appreciation of how much fun siblings can be.

I kind of thought that God would let me wait a bit between adoptions though. Give me more time to enjoy life with one child, travel a bit, spend money on new furniture and those kinds of things. But can you imagine me saying to Silas, “Ummm sorry there kiddo. I need to go on this trip/buy a new whatever so you’ll just have to sit there in the orphanage a bit longer, okay? I’ll come for you when I’m good and ready.”  I very well could have said those things but I am SO thankful God moved me when he did so Silas didn’t have to wait a day longer. He spent 1014 days without a family as it was and those days have made a lasting impact on his little heart.

So that is why I am once again trusting that God knows what He’s doing and I’m going back into the fray to fight for the life of one more little boy with special needs in Bulgaria. The stress and cost will be worth it to see a little boy begin to thrive in a family. The home study begins in April and Lord willing, my second son could be home by Fall of 2016!

The cost of this adoption will be around $30-35,000 once again.  All the paperwork has to be redone, signed and notarized etc. The reason it costs so much is because there are so many people involved and this is their job. They can’t work for free.  The lawyers in Bulgaria do lower their fees for special needs children and I’m thankful for that.

Would you like to be part of the story of an orphan getting a family? There are several ways you can help!

1.)    Pray for us!  Satan HATES adoption. He does everything in his power to stop these precious little lives from getting families and hearing the gospel.

2.)    Donate towards adoption fees and travel. Many of you did this last time and it was such a blessing. You only have to take one look at Silas to know your donation went to good use!

3.)    Participate in my fundraisers that will be listed on my blog where you will also see updates on the adoption journey. www.youareworthmorethanmanysparrows.blogspot.ca

4.)    If you are local I would love any donations of garage sale items for the garage sale fundraisers happening this summer.


Thank you for your support!                    Awesomely Blessed Already,    Corinna and Silas 
                                                                                                                    

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the letter. Are you looking for another DS boy? I will help you. Just keep me posted. I will be praying too for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, another little boy with down syndrome will fit nicely in our family. :)

    ReplyDelete