Thursday 13 February 2014

Every day is a day closer

I haven't updated this blog because there hasn't been much to update it with.  I'm currently waiting on court dates in B*lgarian court.  There was a bit of a snafu with some signatures on all the files that the Minister of Justice had but that was just sorted out this week and all those files/dossiers should be getting court dates any day.  So we wait!

But I haven't been idle in my waiting. 

I made this. That took a few weeks.

 
And then last Saturday I started this with a friend.  We're hoping to make something else epic in my back yard.

 
 
 
And I finished one of my courses and started the next one. Maybe one day I'll actually have my ECE diploma.
 
I've also done a bit of online shopping for little boy clothes. Old Navy! It's been fun getting those little packages in the mail.  I've been holding the clothes up and scratching my head, wondering if Silas will fit them when he comes home.  It's so hard for me to tell without actually having him here to try them on. Hopefully I take the right size of stuff with me when I pick him up!
 
 
I've also been studying scripture and trying to read my way through the bible.  I came across Eph 2:10 the other day.
 

Ephesians 2:10

King James Version (KJV)
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.


Only this time it wasn't in a KJV bible.  It was a New Living Translation and it was worded a bit differently.  I know very little about different translations and I don't think I have a NLT bible but I found this version online.


Ephesians 2:10

New Living Translation (NLT)
10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

So God has made us new, into a masterpiece, SO THAT we can do the things he's already planned for us to do even before we were born!
 
There's so much to that verse it kind of boggles my mind.  We, as Christians, were made to do good things so let's go and do them! Forget about getting that/those new ___________ (you fill in the blank), you can't take it to heaven people! Don't you think it's worth it to give up a little bit of comfort here on earth in order to do some good thing that GOD has already planned on you doing??  We are here on earth for just a blink of an eye in time compared to the vast span of eternity. 

We live on one of the most privileged continents on the earth. 

Luke 12:48
From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Our hardest day here is still easier than a large percentage of the people living in other countries.  There really is no excuse. 

Please, please, please fellow Christians don't let your comfort level or your fear or lack of trust stop you from doing what God has already planned for you to do.  He won't leave you on your own to do it either.  He'll LEAD you.  I mean com'on, how hard is it to follow someone? Okay so in this case you can maybe only see one step in front of you but that's all you need! Take one little baby step.  Check out www.reecesrainbow.org and see all the beautiful faces of the children needing families.  Then ask God what He wants you to do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment