Sunday 17 February 2013

My Etsy Shop and All About Me

http://www.etsy.com/shop/YouAreWorthMore
One of the ways I'm raising funds is by selling things that I've made.  Like these lovely bean bags! I spent the weekend making marble mazes and dolls.  I haven't got the dolls finished yet but maybe that will happen tomorrow because it's a holiday!!!

For those of you who are reading this and don't know me here's some info.

I'm 32 yrs old.  I run a daycare and have looked after children for 13 yrs.  I've also worked with adults with mental disabilities for 12 yrs on the weekends.  (Well, mostly on the weekends.  In the last year I've picked up many more shifts in order to save up money.)

I love my jobs.

I knit and quilt and sew and craft. I'd rather make it than buy it.

I love the Lord Jesus.

I own my own house.  The bank is going to get the boot in a few years when the mortgage is paid off.  That makes me happy, happy, happy.

My car is old.  So, so old.  My car is so old, it's old enough to get it's driver's license. 16 yrs old!  But it's a trusty (and slightly rusty) old thing and it hasn't let me down too many times.

I rarely get to bed on time.

I am STILL a student.  I've been taking my Early Childhood Education courses by Distance Ed for years.  The end is nearer than ever and I hope to be done before I bring my son home.  I would love very much to be done reading text books.

Being a student in your 30's is hard.  Being a student and doing an adoption is harder yet.

I have a pet tarantula.  Her name is Rosie and I've had her for 15 years. She officially sets the record for the thing I've kept alive the longest.  Including plants.  I don't know how old she was when I got her so I have no idea how old she actually is.  I've read that they can live up to 30 years.

Rosie eats meal worms.

I have a tarantula and a meal worm farm in my bedroom.  People find that strange for some reason. I can't imagine why.

I also have a cat.  She's slightly round and fairly good with children.  Right now she's sleeping.  Her main source of activity is moving from one sleeping spot to another.  Not a big fitness buff that one.

So check out my etsy store if you'd like.  Maybe you'll find something that needs to come home with you.  100% of the sales go directly to the adoption fees.

Marble mazes are super cool.  Every child should have one.

Also, here is the link to my facebook page for the etsy store.  http://www.facebook.com/youareworthmorethanmanysparrows

No comments:

Post a Comment